Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Other Half: A Short Series

Since politics has been fairly boring lately, I decided to do a short series on the candidates spouses. There have been some very lovely first ladies, some not so lovely, and some we could notorious. It is hard to define what makes a first lady. In the past 16 years, we have both ends of the spectrum starting with the "Hillary Clinton Type" and the latest being the "Laura Bush Type". Who do you prefer? I'll take a poll and discuss the results in a later post along with some of my favorite first ladies.

Anyway, the series will be short. I am leaving out Bill Clinton. I'm not sure if I hear groaning of disappointment or shouts of relief, but I think that everyone knows much more than they ever wanted to about Bill Clinton and from the readers that I know, few want him to be "first gentleman" (as if you could even put the words Bill Clinton and gentleman in a sentence together!).

I was going to try at first to just state the facts and leave my sarcastic, but sometimes humorous comments to myself, but what fun would that be? Anything that I come up with myself and my editorial comments will be in red.

I will start with Carol Shipp. Who is Carol Shipp you ask? Guess you will have to keep reading....

No comments: